VAC/GMHC research, promotion & ethics
Our Research, Promotion and Ethics Committee promotes a research agenda to benefit people living with HIV/AIDS and the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community. It includes members from our organisation and PLWHA Victoria, researchers and community members.
- Offers guidance on research ethics and the sensitivities of our consituent communities to a range of projects.
Reviews any research proposal that relies on our involvement in any way, including:
- our endorsement or promotion
- use of our premises
- access to our mailing lists
- advice on recruitment.
See: Terms of Reference (PDF 64 KB)
Request research ethics guidance
Research, Promotion and Ethics Committee Secretariat
Phone: (03) 9863 0444
The Committee can consider and comment on a draft of a research ethics application, or deputise one of its members to talk with you and go through the issues that might arise in your research.
Apply for ethics approval
- Download the VAC Ethics Application Form (PDF 82 KB)
- Contact the Secretariat to discuss your application
- Send your application by post or email.